The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me because the LORD has annointed Me to preach good news to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the broken hearted; to proclaim freedom to the captives and the opening of the prisons to those who are captive; to proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD and the day of vengance of our God; to comfort all those who mourn; to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The God of Us!

In the beginning, Day 6 for those of you who are counting, "God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness...' " (Genesis 1:26). The God of Us, the three in one God, the "Three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" (1 John 5:7); created man after Their likeness and image.

Some time after the Flood, "the whole earth was of one language, and of speech" (Genesis 11:1), these people gathered to build a tower whose top may reach unto heaven. God saw this and was displeased, saying, "Let Us go down, and comfound their language..." (Genesis 11:7). The three in one God acting in unison to comfound the languages of man.

Then in the year that king Uzziah died, the prophet Isaiah saw into heaven itself. Isaiah heard a conversation between the three in one God and Isaiah wrote, "I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?' " Isaiah then repeated the words spoken by the Son, "Here am I; send Me" (Isaiah 6:8). The Father speaking, "Whom shall I send, and who will go out of Us three?" And the Son steps forward and says, "Here I am, send Me."

In the book of Revelation Jesus declares, "Fear not; I am the first and the last" (Revelation 1:17). The writer of Colossians declares that by Jesus all things were made whether in heaven or in the earth. (Colossians 1:16). The Son who was sent by the Father on behalf of the Trinity is the first and the last as well as the creator of heaven and earth.

The Son then speaks to Israel in Isaiah 48:12-16, saying, "Hearken unto Me, O Jacob and Israel my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last. Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens... Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I; and now the LORD GOD (The Father), and his Spirit (the Holy Ghost), hath sent Me (the Son)."

The Us God arrived in the New Testament, and we beheld them at the baptism of the Son "and the heavens were opened unto Him, and He saw the Spirit of God (the Holy Ghost) descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, (of the Father) saying, "This is My beloved Son (the Son), in whom I am well pleased" (Matthew 3:16-17).

The Son, the Word, became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld the Glory of the three in one God. The Son then prayed and we see the pronoun, Us, used again. "Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in Us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent Me (See Isaiah 6:8 & 48:16). And the glory which thou gavest Me I have given them; that they may be one, even as We are one" (John 17:21-22).

The Father and the Son are one. The Son did not go rouge doing as He pleased, but being one with the Father, Jesus did the will of the Father. "Then answered Jesus and said unto them, 'Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do" (John 5:19). Jesus declared, "I come in My Father's name" (John 5:43); "I and (My) Father are one" (John 10:30).

People disputed that Jesus was the Bread come down from heaven being from the Father. He said, "Not that any man hath seen the Father, save He (the Son) which is of God, he (the Son) hath seen the Father" (John 6:46). Even his disciples had trouble with this, "Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known Me, Philip? he that hath seen Me hath seen the Father" (John 14:8-9).

God revealed Himself through the person of Jesus (the Son). Why would the Us God come for us? Jesus answered it in His prayer, recorded in John 17:23; "That the world may know that Thou hast sent Me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved Me."

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Paul Cramer

    On the subject of the Trinity,
    I recommend this video:
    The Human Jesus


    Take a couple of hours to watch it; and prayerfully it will aid you to reconsider "The Trinity"

    This video also deals with verses such as
    Gen. 1.26 1 John 5.7

    Yours In Messiah
    Adam Pastor

    ReplyDelete

Followers